Leave the chaos of Rome behind and spend a day learning to make homemade pasta like a local in a centuries-old family-run winery of Frascati.
- An unforgettable day spent cooking authentic pasta and indulging in wine, with the incredible hospitality of a centuries old winemaking family
- Savor the unique locally produced EVOO and Frascati Wines to accompany your handmade pasta
- Escape to the storybook countryside town of Frascati and leave the heat and chaos of Rome behind!
Upon arrival in Frascati, your local host will meet you as you get off the train! From there you will be provided a 10-minute transfer to the Minardi family Wine Farmhouse by minivan or car, where you can take in the historic farmhouse grounds, the backdrop of your cooking experience.
Put on your apron and get ready to learn how to prepare three different traditional local pasta varieties from scratch! The recipes chosen by our chef have been passed down for more than three generations including Nonna’s “Ravioli” stuffed with local ingredients, “Fettuccine”, and “Maltagliati”.
After the class, you’re in for a wine toast with Extra Virgin Olive Oil produced on the grounds, from the family-owned olive grove. You’ll enjoy a walk through the vineyards, and a glimpse at the tried and true farming techniques and ancient winemaking traditions of the past that the family continues to follow today. While touring the old wine cellar, you’ll view the tools, imagery and artifacts that have been converted into a mini “Frascati Wine Museum” surrounded by the ancient vineyards and olive groves.
Sit down with our hosts and fellow guests to enjoy a farm-to-table meal including a rich appetizer consisting of seasonal foods including local cheese with our wine jelly, and of course the three pastas that you worked hard to prepare with our Chef!
The wines you’ll be tasting include Frascati Superiore DOCG white wine, the Vagnolo IGP red wine, as well as the Frascati Cannellino DOCF dessert wine.
After this one-of-a-kind experience in the charming Roman countryside, you’ll be driven back to the train station, for your return trip to Rome.
- Local English Speaking Guide and Pasta Masterclass with Chef
- Wine tour and tastings of local Frascati wine and EVOO with Licensed Wine Taster
- Traditional Italian lunch
- Roundtrip rail tickets from Rome
- Internal transfers between rail station and farmhouse
- Personal Extras
Know before you book
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges
- Max group size: 15
- Travel time from Rome to Frascati is 20 min by train
Know before you go
- Rail tickets will be provided 24 hours prior to departure
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Please let us know if you have any food restrictions or allergies
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to the start time will be refunded in full. No refunds will be made for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or failure to arrive at the meeting point on time (no-show).