Leave Rome behind and spend a lovely day immersing yourself in an authentic local family-run winery of Frascati, where you’ll learn how to make homemade pizza!
- Experience an authentic pizza-making class while indulging in local Frascati wine
- Sample the unique locally produced EVOO and Frascati Wines to accompany your meal
- Escape to the storybook countryside town of Frascati and leave the heat and chaos of Rome behind!
Just 30 minutes from Rome lies the historic town of Frascati, nestled in the hills known to locals as the Castelli Romani where your guide will meet you as your train pulls into the station. From there our driver will accompany you to a historic family-run winery, after admiring the characteristic farmhouse and grounds.
Get excited for your authentic Pizza-Making Masterclass! In a small group and armed with a pastry board and apron you’ll start the day off with an authentic lesson on how to prepare the perfect Italian pizza dough.
During a short break, raise a glass and toast to the Dolce Vita and sample the Extra Virgin Olive Oil produced on the grounds from the one-of-a-kind family-owned olive grove. Allowing time for the dough to rise, you’ll enjoy a walk through the vineyards with a glimpse at the tried and tested farming techniques and traditions of the past that the family still uses today. While touring the old wine cellar, you’ll view the tools, imagery and artifacts that have been converted into a mini “Frascati Wine Museum”.
Sit down with our hosts and fellow guests to enjoy this farm-to-table meal including a rich appetizer comprising seasonal foods including local cheeses with our wine jelly, and of course the pizza that you have so diligently prepared with our Chef!
The wines you’ll be tasting include Frascati Superiore DOCG white wine, the Vagnolo IGT red wine, as well as the Frascati Cannellino DOCG dessert wine.
After this authentic experience in the Roman countryside, you’ll be driven back to the train station for your return trip to Rome.
- Pizza-Making Masterclass with lunch at a historic country farmhouse
- Wine tasting with licensed expert
- Tasting and tour of the vineyards (3 wines and extra virgin olive oil)
- Roundtrip rail tickets from Rome
- Internal transfers between rail station and farmhouse
- Personal Extras
Know before you book
- Max group size: 15
- Travel time from Rome to Frascati is 20 min by train
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges
Know before you go
- Rail tickets will be provided 24 hours prior to departure
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Please let us know if you have any food restrictions or allergies
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to the start time will be refunded in full. No refunds will be made for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or failure to arrive at the meeting point on time (no-show).