By Roman law, no building in Rome can be higher than Michelangelo’s dome. Let’s go there! Meet your expert Vatican guide beside St. Peter’s Square where your climb begins—at a leisurely pace, of course!
- The perfect tour & ticket combo that allows you to go at your own pace
- Unlimited time inside the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel (self-guided)
- Guided visit to the rarely accessed cupola and the papal crypts
It’s steep and there are steps aplenty, but frequent stops and elevator breaks help take off the strain. At the summit, 360° views of the Vatican City—and far beyond—await you! Take as many photographs as you can because what you’ll see from on high is a once-in-a-lifetime view. Rest for a short while before entering St. Peter’s Basilica, an absolute triumph of art and architecture unmatched anywhere else in the world. We regroup soon thereafter for fast-track entry into the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- Guided tour all the way up to the top of Michelangelo’s dome/terrace of St. Peter’s
- In-depth guided tour of St. Peter’s basilica with an expert art historian
- Priority-access ticket to the Vatican Museums (self-guided)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know before you book
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible, difficult to navigate with a stroller
- Guided tour of St. Peter’s and dome followed by entry (ticket only) to the Vatican Museums
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges.
Know before you go
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Vatican dress code: shoulders and knees must be covered
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made up to 24 hours prior to the start time will be refunded in full. No refunds will be made for cancellations with less than 24 hours notice or failure to arrive at the meeting point on time (no-show).