Pizza and gelato: It goes without saying that they top the list of “Things Italians do Better.” Join us for a full immersion class and learn how to make a pizza perfetta and enjoy it along with homemade gelato in the heart of Florence!
- The original and most popular Pizza Class in Florence
- Learn the true art of Italian pizza-making from a famous local chef
- Use your pizza and gelato recipe book to recreate these treats at home (and impress your friends and family)!
Meet at our state-of-the-art cooking school in downtown Florence where your expert “pizzaiolo” awaits. Over the next 3 hours he will share the centuries-old secrets to making picture-perfect, authentic Italian pizza.
First on the agenda is learning how to make a proper thin crust pizza dough (in Florence, we leave the thick crust to our Neapolitan neighbors), and to knead it to perfection. Next we’ll prepare a zesty yet light tomato sauce to spread on top. Aprons on: it’s your turn to shape and roll, season and flavor to taste, bake, and finally relish the unique taste of the best pizza you’ve ever had, made with your very own hands!
After mastering pizza, it’s time for something sweet. Hear all about the history and tradition of Italian gelato. Learn about the genuine ingredients, where the best gelati are produced and what natural colorants can be used from our entertaining and knowledgeable chef. You’ll discover the best heating and freezing techniques, and of course, enjoy the fruit of your labor: an exquisite artisan-made gelato.
At the end of our pizza making class you will receive a Recipe Booklet so that you can share your knowledge with friends and family back home. Entertaining, instructive and laid-back, our gelato and pizza making class in Italy is perfect for families seeking an activity where children can learn about local culture in a fun and informal way.
- Gelato and pizza course in Florence with a famous local Chef
- Dinner with Wine Tastings (soft drinks for children)
- Graduation Certificate
- Booklet with recipes
- Free Food & Wine Club subscription (25-euro value), to access special discounts online on wine and typical products
- Personal extras
- Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Know before you book
- Tour departs rain or shine
- The tour ends at our cooking location, next to San Lorenzo Central Market
- This tour is not suitable for celiac
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by at least 1 adult
- Please let us know in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them
Know before you go
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
- Up to 48 hours before the beginning of the activity: full refund
- Less than 48 hours before the beginning of the activity or no-show: no refund