The ultimate Naples and Pompeii day trip! You’ll take a guided tour of the lost city of Pompeii and savor an authentic Neapolitan pizza lunch followed by a walking tour of Naples. This all-inclusive, history-packed trip from Rome is truly one-of-a-kind!
- Travel in absolute comfort with ample leg room, Wi-Fi, restrooms and refreshments
- Reduce carbon footprint while high speed train cuts travel time to Naples in half
- Top-notch archeologist guides make for an authentic local experience in both Pompeii and Naples
- Sink your teeth into a true Neapolitan pizza
Check-in at Termini Station and experience the comfort of some of Europe’s finest trains. In just over an hour, we arrive in Naples where you’ll meet your local guide and head to a shuttle bus that will take you to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii.
Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour exploring the details of this one-of-a-kind ancient city while uncovering moments of terror frozen in time, death postures, and ruins unchanged from almost two millennia ago. Stroll along the ancient streets where perfectly conserved ancient bakeries, shops, stalls, private and communal residences, public baths, and yes, even brothels remain! See plaster casts of the Pompeiians who were immortalized on that tragic day.
Upon conclusion of the guided tour in Pompeii, we’ll visit a historic pizzeria serving some of the most authentic pizza Pompei has to offer (and remember, we’re in the birthplace of Italian pizza, so it’s a competitive market)! After lunch, we’ll make the short ride back to the heart of Naples for more exploring.
Take in the breathtaking view of the Bay of Naples from Posillipo, where the famous saying “See Naples and die” will suddenly make perfect sense. While Vesuvius looms in the distance, take in one of the most naturally and artistically beautiful cities in the world from a stunning vantage point.
As we descend closer to the historic center we’ll take in the magnificent seaside promenade and Castel dell’Ovo from the air-conditioned vehicle and then step out into the “living room” of Naples to view the breathtaking Piazza del Plebescito, the San Carlo Theatre, and of course, the Royal Palace (from outside). No trip to Naples is complete without sampling an authentic Neapolitan espresso and the mother-of-all Italian pastries: the sfogliatella. After enjoying a bit of free time to shop/explore, get a glimpse of the Quartieri Spagnoli (famous for its narrow alleys with clothes drying in the sun) and the Umberto I Gallery. After this brief but satisfying tour of Naples, we return to Rome with your heart (and belly) full, via comfortable high-speed train.
- Round trip high-speed rail from Rome to Naples
- Travel from Naples train station to Pompeii and back in a private, air conditioned vehicle
- Hassle-free experience — we take care of all the details!
- Fully guided skip-the-line tour of the lost city of Pompeii in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius
- Lunch at a charming Neapolitan pizzeria
- Personal extras
- Entry inside Naples monuments
Know before you book
- This tour meets at Termini Station. Complete details will be provided upon booking.
- The ground in Pompeii is rocky and uneven, difficult to navigate with a stroller or wheelchair
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges
Know before you go
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring a hat and sunblock during the hot summer months
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made up to 24 hours prior to the start time will be refunded in full. No refunds will be made for cancellations with less than 24 hours notice or failure to arrive at the meeting point on time (no-show).