Experience the Florence Duomo (Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral) in all its splendor with Santa Reparata’s crypt, the Duomo Terraces and the spectacular view from Brunelleschi’s magnificent Dome.
- Bypass the lines and spend more time appreciating great art, history and breathtaking views
- Climbing all the way up to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome with an incredible view over Florence, with an exclusive opening of the Duomo terraces
- Tickets to climb Giotto’s Bell Tower and visit both the Baptistry and the Opera del Duomo Museum
Meet your expert english speaking guide and begin the short stroll through the cradle of the Renaissance to the majestic Duomo: the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, often considered to be the symbol of Florence. Designed by Arnolfo da Cambio, the cathedral is the third largest church in the world, (after St. Peter’s in Rome and St. Paul’s in London) having been the largest upon its completion in the 15th century. Your guide will point out masterpieces such as Paolo Uccello’s colossal clockface, Vasari’s frescoes and Bandinelli’s marble choir before leading the way to the heart of the Cathedral where skilled restoration projects unveiled the testimony to early Christianity in Florence: the Crypt of Santa Reparata.
Then, begin climbing the staircase through a narrow and open air corridor. The reward for your efforts will be an incomparable view of the city from the Duomo Terraces on the cathedral rooftop. Feel as though you are floating atop the city landscape, with its ancient roofs and bell towers and the imposing Dome rising up just a few meters above your head. Take the most incredible pictures from this 32-metre-high (105 ft) panoramic point right in the middle of the old town.
Learn about the genius of Brunelleschi, how this massive self standing cathedral dome was built and how it still dominates the Florence skyline after 600 years despite earthquakes and the passage of time. If you’re up for more climbing, you can continue to the top of Brunelleschi’s Cupola (the Dome). Skipping the endless long lines, you will have the opportunity to reach the 91-metre-high (300 ft) panoramic and breathtaking view of the highest viewpoint.
Your ticket for this tour also provides you with the opportunity to tour the Cathedral Museum (Museo dell’Opera del Duomo) over the next 72 hours as well as the Baptistry and Giotto’s Bell Tower. This is by far the most comprehensive visit of the Cathedral complex of Florence, not to mention an astonishing journey in the world of Christianity.
- Expert Art Historian tour guide
- Guided priority access tour of Cathedral
- Guided tour of Santa Reparata’s crypt
- Exclusive opening of the Duomo terraces
- Bypass the queues and climb to the summit of Brunelleschi’s Dome
- Duomo complex ticket (valid for 72 hours – the Great Museum of the Duomo, Baptistry, Giotto’s Bell Tower)
- Personal extras
Know before you book
- Tour departs rain or shine
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- Terraces: 153 steps
- Terraces + Brunelleschi’s Dome: 153 + 310 steps
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges
Know before you go
- Bring a hat and sunblock during summer months
- Bring water to drink
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Up to 48 hours before the beginning of the activity: full refund
- Less than 48 hours before the beginning of the activity or no-show: no refund