Travel to Pompeii from Rome in a flash by high-speed rail and visit the extraordinary lost city buried in ash since 79 AD, followed by a pasta masterclass with the formidable Mt. Vesuvius as the backdrop. This day trip from Rome is guaranteed to leave you with memories of a lifetime!
- High-speed rail makes it possible to explore Pompei AND partake in an unforgettable cooking experience – all in one day from Rome!
- Native archeologist guide and a born-and-bred Pompeian home chef make the perfect duo for this bucket-list experience
- Prepare a farm-to-table lunch while tasting delicious wines from the volcanic soil of Mt. Vesuvius
- The best value by far among Rome to Pompeii full day excursions! No big bus tour with 50 other people
This all-inclusive tour by high-speed train allows you to travel with the utmost comfort, quality, and convenience so that you spend your time making memories, not sitting on a cramped bus. Relax and enjoy the scenery while the bullet train cuts travel time to Naples in half. Once we arrive at the ruins of Pompeii, your expert local guide will amaze you during a walking tour of this ancient city devastated by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79.
Experience a world frozen in time as you stroll along the cobblestone ancient roads where perfectly conserved ancient bakeries, shops, stalls, residences, public baths, and even brothels remain! Take in the tragic plaster casts of the Pompeiians who were immortalized on that devastating day by pyroclastic flow and ash.
Upon conclusion of the guided tour in Pompeii, travel to a nearby venue and meet your local host, a home chef and true master of the local cuisine. Enjoy a stroll around the gardens while taking in the perfect views of the ominous Mt. Vesuvius on one side and the Lattari mountains on the other. Before donning your aprons, a welcome toast and appetizers such as bruschettE, garden tomatoes, eggplant, and cured meats will be served.
Gather under a large gazebo, roll up your sleeves, and begin learning the art of Italian pasta from start to finish. Learn about the culinary prowess of the Campania region and understand why the simplest and most genuine ingredients take center stage. Discover how authentic Italian pasta is prepared and served, and the reward for your hard work will be to enjoy a feast along with fellow travelers and of course plenty of local wine! Cooking in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius with a local expert is sure to become the high point of your Italy travels!
- Round trip high-speed rail from Rome to Naples and air conditioned local shuttle
- Hassle-free experience – we take care of all the details!
- Fully guided skip-the-line tour of the lost city of Pompeii
- Cooking class in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius with a local home chef
- Antipasto with wine and full lunch featuring locally grown ingredients
- Personal extras
Know before you book
- This tour is family-friendly
- Tour departs from Termini Station (complete details provided upon booking)
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges
Know before you go
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring a hat & sunblock during hot summer months
- This tour is operated by high-speed train as well as a minibus for short local transfers
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to the start time will be refunded in full. No refunds will be made for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or failure to arrive at the meeting point on time (no-show).