Few places in the world will wow you like the lost city of Pompeii. It’s on just about every traveler’s bucket list, yet getting there has its complications. We’ve removed all the logistic stress of touring Pompeii from Rome with this all-inclusive, value-packed day trip so that you can tour Pompei and then enjoy a door-to-door transfer to your hotel of choice along the Amalfi Coast.
- Travel in absolute comfort with ample leg room, Wi-Fi, restrooms and refreshments – high-speed train cuts travel time to Naples in half!
- A Pompeii-born archeologist guide makes for an authentic local experience
- Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch while tasting supple wines made from grapes cultivated in the volcanic soil of Mt. Vesuvius
- No hassle transfer from Pompeii to your Sorrento or Amalfi Coast hotel
Meet our tour leader at Termini Station and get an early start by high-speed train in complete comfort. In just over an hour we arrive in bella Napoli, where your ItaliaTours leader will greet you and lead you to the bus headed straight for Pompeii.
Our English-speaking guides are natives of Pompeii and most have taken an active part in the excavations here which will be evident as they lead you through the streets of this fascinating city. They will reveal the frozen moments of terror, death poses, and ruins that have remained unchanged for almost 2000 years. You can take a leisurely stroll through the ancient streets, where you’ll see perfectly preserved ancient bakeries, shops, stalls, private and communal residences, public baths, and even brothels. You’ll also have the opportunity to view plaster casts of the Pompeiians who were captured in time on that tragic day.
Upon conclusion of the guided tour in Pompeii, our driver will lead the way to a prize-winning vineyard nearby to taste four of the wines produced on the fertile volcanic slopes of Mt. Vesuvius followed by a leisurely lunch where local specialties take center stage. After enjoying an abundance of antipasti, a farm-to-table first course, and dessert at the winery, enjoy a scenic transfer to Sorrento or your destination of choice on the Amalfi Coast.
- High-speed rail tickets from Rome to Naples
- Shuttle from Naples to Pompeii
- Fully guided tour with skip-the-line entry to Pompeii
- Farm-to-table family friendly wine tasting and lunch
- Luggage held secure while you tour
- Transfer to Sorrento/Amalfi Coast
- Hotel pickup (available as an add-on)
- Refreshments on train (available for purchase)
Know before you book
- Family friendly wine tasting and lunch
- Wine tasting and lunch are family friendly, children are welcome on this tour
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least 1 adult to join a tour or an activity.
- Due to the route covered and/or the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid. Please contact us to inquire about customized tour options for guests with mobility challenges
Know before you go
- Check-in at Roma Termini Station (full details are provided with tour confirmation)
- Bring comfortable walking shoes. The tour includes both hillside paths and stairs.
- You will receive a final confirmation and rail tickets on the day before departure.
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to the start time will be refunded in full. No refunds will be made for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or failure to arrive at the meeting point on time (no-show).